The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme or RSMS visa is a permanent employer sponsored visa which requires a job offer in a Regional Area of Australia.
- There should be no adverse information of the business
- Business comply with Australian immigration and workplace laws
- Employer should be from Regional Area
- Nomination application must be approved within the six months before you apply.
- Should be under 45 years age at the time of application
- Should have skills assessment in the occupation specified in the instrument at the time of application if you are applying under Direct Stream Stream. TRT stream does not require skills assessment.
- Should have three years of relevant work experience. Two years if you were granted or have applied for 457 visa before 18 April 2017.
- Should have Competent English language at the time of application
- Meet Health and Character requirements
RSMS Application Stages
There are in general three stages to an RSMS application:
- RCB Certification: The Regional Certifying Body will ensure that the position is genuine and in many cases require that the position has been advertised
- Nomination: Review of the business and position by the Department of Immigration
- Visa application: There are three pathways, and generally the skill level is lower than for the ENS program.
RSMS Application Areas
In order to be granted an RSMS visa, the employee must be offered a position in a “regional area". The regional areas are specified by postcode by the Department of Immigration. The following are considered Regional areas for the purposes of RSMS sponsorship:
- The whole of Western Australia
- The whole of South Australia
- The whole of Tasmania
- The whole of ACT
- The whole of Northern Territory
- New South Wales (NSW) – all areas excluding Sydney, Newcastle, and Wollongong
- Victoria – all areas excluding Melbourne
- Queensland- all areas excluding Brisbane
There are three possible application pathways for an RSMS visa:
- Temporary Residence Transition: where applicants have worked with the employer on a 482 visa for the last 3 years. In this case, no RCB certification is required and an English level Competent English is required.
- Direct Entry Stream: the position will need to be certified by an RCB, and the employee will need English level equivalent to IELTS 6. Applicants in trade occupations may require a formal skills assessment.
- Agreement Stream: where the employer has a Labour Agreement
BENIFITS OF APPLYING FOR RSMS OVER ENS VISA
The requirements for RSMS are more straightforward than ENS in a number of important ways:
- The employer does not need to meet the training requirement
- The visa application requires a lower level of skill for the Direct Entry Stream – most applicants do not require a skills assessment, and there is no minimum work experience requirement
- It is possible to apply for RSMS in a wider range of occupations than ENS
- RSMS is the highest priority visa in the skilled migration stream
Regional Certifying Body (RCB) Application Fees:
Depends on the RCB. (Approx. charge ranges from $0-$1000)
Nomination Application Fees: $NIL
Visa Application Fees:
|Base application charge||Additional applicant charge 18 and over||Additional applicant charge under 18|
|AUD 3,755||AUD 1,875||AUD 940|
Secondary applicant who has not functional English: AUD 4890.